1) this is not the house we are going to be in long-term...so, I hate sinking money into it.
2) we will soon have 2 kids, 2 years apart. Instead of putting our money towards private school, it make more sense to spend the $ to move into a good neighborhood with good public schools. at least your money is going towards something tangible.
3) i want a pool. really. the apartment pool we've been visiting for the past 7 years is just plain grossing me out. we are lucky enough to have a neighbor with a super nice pool...and he is never there...so, when we can, we go over there and daydream that it is our house. really.
4) it may take us a while to get this off of our hands, anyway...so, lets just put it out there and see where it goes.
5) i will be closer to deli mexicana (this may actually be a financial burden, but i don't want to think about that right now).
6) mud island is just too convenient to work. not really...this is the only downside i can think of.
any input is appreciated. i realize i'm crazy.